Home staging enhances your homes presentation and appeal.
Here are 6 inexpensive home staging ideas.
1. Make sure each room has a distinct, useful purpose.
2. Closets should be neat & organized.
3. Paint the interior of your home. "Fresh, neutral paint on the walls, trim, baseboards & doors is worth it's weight in gold, it makes everything appear clean & new." Recommend to paint the trim, baseboards & ceiling white. Walls to be a darker neutral color in order contrast & bring out the color of the walls.
4. Scrub & deodorize. Clean & deodroize the home before every showing. Potential buyers will notice any stains, dirt, pet odor or moldy smells. Open some windows for better ventilation & to air out the house so it has a fresh air smell when buyers enter your home. Candles or plug in air freshness may be needed to hide stronger odors. Baking cookies or boiling cinnamon sticks also enhances the smell of your home. Get rid of any indoor litter boxes. Having house & windows professionally cleaned.
5. "Curb appeal is just as important as cleaning the interior of your home. It's the buyer's first impression of your home". You only have one chance to make a first impression. You want your home to stand out. Mow the lawn, make sure driveway, sidewalk are free of debris & clutter. Ensure house number is easily visible. Do any touch up paint on the exterior trim & facia boards.
6. If your furniture is not appealing, you may consider renting furnishings while your house is for sale on the market & store your old furniture.
By making the effort to enhance the appearance of your home, while it is for sale on the market, will save you tens of thousands of dollars!
Any questions or would like to know the value of your home contact:
George@ Freitas RealEstate.com